Ubuntu 8.4 problem

David Curtis dcurtis at uniserve.com
Thu Jan 29 23:04:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:09:30 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> David Curtis wrote:
> > <snip>

> >> Karl
> >>

> > What a load of s**t, The app database at WineHQ has over 11000 entries. Wine, if it works here, would definitely be the easiest solution to implement.
> >

>     I went to goggle and found the Wine pages. In the first page it says:
> Wine is still under development, and it is not yet suitable for general use.

They've been saying this since the inception of the Wine project in 1993. One google search does not constitute research rigor, brother E.E.

>     So why do you want to make this new guy try to make this work?

That's 'new gal'. And the reason is that a simple install of the Ubuntu wine package pretty much sets everything up right. For the most part, a person just has to double click on a windows executable and voila, happiness ensues (for the most part). When wine works, it works well.

--
David Curtis <dcurtis at uniserve.com>