What Video Card for 2D

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:47:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Rashkae <ubuntu at tigershaunt.com> wrote:
> Knapp wrote:
>>
>> I was going to say almost the same thing. I run a Nvidia 7600 gs with
>> the fan unplugged and it runs at 68 deg. I has for 2 years with NP. It
>> also costs about 40$. It is just fine with 3d games to. I am not a
>> hardcore player but I do play sometimes and the card has never been a
>> problem. Drivers are also very easy to deal with most of the time.

Funny, having just written this, I updated my system and it did some
stuff to kernel etc and killed my driver. So on reboot I had no
desktop and had to let it reset to the vesa driver, install envy-qt
and reinstall the Nvidia drivers. Now for me this was easy but for  a
noobie it would be a nightmare!!!

So with that in mind maybe the OP should go with intel based graphics cards!?

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FFE