What Video Card for 2D

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Jan 29 14:16:48 UTC 2009

Knapp wrote:

> I was going to say almost the same thing. I run a Nvidia 7600 gs with
> the fan unplugged and it runs at 68 deg. I has for 2 years with NP. It
> also costs about 40$. It is just fine with 3d games to. I am not a
> hardcore player but I do play sometimes and the card has never been a
> problem. Drivers are also very easy to deal with most of the time. I
> can't say what is better 7600 VS 7200.

7600 is better, performance wise,  (at least, the 600 series of any
Nvidia line, be it 6600, 7600, or 8600, is the bare minimum for any 3d
gaming.  200 series if office/workstation use, 800 is performance card,
and 900 Enthusiast.  the thousand series (ie, 6000, 7000, 8000, etc) is
the generation of card.  In theory the larger the number the better.  In
historical practice, the 600 series of the last generation will be
better for gaming than the 200 of the new.