Ubuntu 8.4 problem

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:27:14 UTC 2009

Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Note, though, that the free bit only covers VirtualBox - you will still
> need whatever permissions are appropriate to use any OS in it. So to
> (legally) have Windows XP running in VirtualBox, you'd need to have gone
> out and bought a retail box of it (if indeed the XP EULA allows for
> virtual machine installation).
> The reality is that any OEM install CD is likely to work in the short
> term, but will likely be picked up by WGA.
>
> --
> Avi Greenbury
> http://aviswebsite.co.uk
> http://aviswebsite.co.uk/asking-questions/
Since Linda said that:

"I tried to install Windows with Ubuntu but all it will do is open the
folders and not let me run anything."

I assumed she has a copy of the MS OS (that, by the way, should be
provided by the hardware manufacturer if it is a strict requirement to
run the equipment, but of course this is just wishful thinking)

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil