hi there, all!

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 27 07:41:58 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, Haseeb ul Hasan <urhhoney at gmail.com> wrote:
From: Haseeb ul Hasan <urhhoney at gmail.com>
Subject: hi there, all!
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 12:51 AM

I am basicallly trying to switch to Ubuntu, mainly because I am a little sick of windows :).
Actually i bought Compaq Presario V6715EN (64 bit platform) which came with Vista home edition, I have checked the website and the problem i am facing is, i cant find any drivers in the compaq support section and its really hard to find 64 bit drivers for ubuntu.

Its a really long drag to find all the manufacturer sites to dig into them to find all the drivers for 64 bit platform of ubuntu. Does any one out there already have installed it on a 64 bit platform or especially on this laptop model. I hope it might auto load all the drivers (maybe have all ofém in its database).

I really would appreciate if anyone knows a site which is a good driver search engine for ubuntu

Cheers
regards,
MH
If you install ia32libs you can use the 32 bit drivers in the 64 bit Ubuntu version.  At least in Intrepid.  I use the 64 bit intrepid with ia32libs installed and everything works fine.
Correction, thats ia32-libs.  Go ahead and give the 64 bit a try.  Ihave the 32 bit version installed also but never boot into it.
Leonard Chatagnier

lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: