conky and cpu temp

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Jan 26 14:48:31 UTC 2009

Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I started to use conky and found an example .conkyrc file.
> In it I have a line for displaying the temperature
>
> ${acpitemp}°C ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)
>
> but it always displays 0°C, what should I install/setup to get the CPU
> temperature?
>
> Tx/Alain

Do you have lmsensors installed and configured?  Do you know if the
config file points to the right location to display the temperature?

For example, mine is /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature.  Yours
may be in a different location, but somewhere in /proc.

Check to see if there is any temperature info in /proc and go from there.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support