conky and cpu temp

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jan 26 16:08:53 UTC 2009

Mark Haney wrote:

> Alain Muls wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I started to use conky and found an example .conkyrc file.
>> In it I have a line for displaying the temperature
>>
>> ${acpitemp}°C ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)
>>
>> but it always displays 0°C, what should I install/setup to get the CPU
>> temperature?
>
> Do you have lmsensors installed and configured?  Do you know if the
> config file points to the right location to display the temperature?

lmsensors and acpi temperature are completely independent.  lmsensors finds
no sensors at all on my laptop (so its not installed), but I can still get
the cpu temp from acpi

> For example, mine is /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature.  Yours
> may be in a different location, but somewhere in /proc.

It should always be /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature, but you're right
that the name of the thermal zone depends on your system's BIOS (DSDT
actually).  Mine's THR1