Adblock-Plus How To

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 22:15:15 UTC 2009

Just installed it but can't find an executable anywhere, in menu K or with locate. Did some searching with locate and discovered that the executable file name is adblockplus, not adblock-plus
and that it had a js installation file. Not knowing anything about java, I did a js --help and was prompted to run this command to install the adblock executable:
sudo js -debug -f /usr/share/adblock-plus/install.js
which gave this output:
js: "/usr/share/adblock-plus/install.js", line 53: uncaught JavaScript runtime exception: ReferenceError: "Install" is not defined.
        at /usr/share/adblock-plus/install.js:53
Which leaves me not knowing how to solve the issue.
Can anyone tell me how to resolve the issue or else how to properly get adblock-plus installed and functional. It was installed from the mirror:
deb http://apt.wicd.net/ intrepid extras
on an intrepid machine. Haven't googled on the issue
yet as this seems like an Ubuntu installation issue.
Any clues welcomed and thanks,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net