Is it possible to manually activate an eth0 connection? - Partially SOLVED!

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Sat Jan 24 11:14:09 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Joep L. Blom wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> You're welcome to a different opinion - but you told somebody to do
>>> something that WOULDN'T WORK, because you didn't take the time to read
>>> his problem.
>>>
>> I don't go into useless discussions, my advice is sound for the ones who
>> can read AND use their intelligence.
>
> You're in one.  Why can't you just admit that you gave somebody advice that
> couldn't possibly work?
>
> Why would you even think that anybody who had a problem here would be able
> to jump  to the conclusion that they'd need to remove Network Manager and
> install wicd?

You're right. Discussion is useless with somebody who is rude, doesn't
know the word polite and think knows it all.
You don't know anything about my experience or background. You lash out
at anybody you think doesn't write in the vein you like and you don't
think before you write. In short, I think you have a serious problem.
End of discussion.
Joep