Ubuntu 8.04.2, just installed, doesn't allow access to my hardDisk.

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Jan 23 19:13:08 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>    This you can't do. You ruined your Ubuntu loading the 8.04.2 CD and
>>> there is no going back.
>>>

>> How on earth do you know?  Maybe his fstab is just wrong.
>>
>     Matt go to hell. I'm tired of your every day crap which means
> nothing to the person with the problem.

Unlike your everyday crap which sees no other possibilities than what you
have already decided is reality...

> If you were experienced, when he
> said he loaded another CD on top of the other he can no longer get Grub.
> Had you any sense you would R E A D what I told him to do ie: Fix his
> Grub and sent him instructions on how to do it

They weren't instructions - it was a rambling mention of how to get to grub:

"do the root and Grub things you need. " - no mention anywhere of how to
actually install the grub loader.

fwiw, I've posted the actual instructions to reinstall grub here many times.
Search the archive for "grub-install"

> ps: Please stop!

We'd love to - but somebody needs to keep a check on you.