Copying numerical range of folders

Oliver Marshall oliver.marshall at g2support.com
Thu Jan 22 22:37:56 UTC 2009

Hi chaps

Whats the best way of copying a range of folders which have the name in the form of Knnnnn from one folder to another? I want to copy K8100 to K8945. I've tried;

Sudo cp /folder/k8[100-945] /folder2 blah blah

But that tells me there are no folders called k8[100-945]. However the following does work;

Sudo cp /folder/k810[0-9] /folder2 blah blah

But that only copies 10 folders at a time, and I would have to do the copy in lots of chunks through the night.

Any ideas ?

Olly

--
G2 Support