PDF form question

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Thu Jan 22 20:15:04 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> Brian McKee wrote:
>>> Have you tried it in acroread?  (If it's not confidential, I'd be
>>> happy to try for you)
>>> It's available from the medibuntu repository.
>>> Some of those things don't seem to work elsewhere.  I'm unclear
>>> whether they should and don't, or if not all the pdf features are
>>> supported in evince.
>> I just sent it to your direct email account. If you have luck printing
>> it with something else, please let me know...so far it appears acrobat
>> reader on Windows and evince on Ubuntu can alter the text, but not save
>> or print changes!
>     The question makes me wonder. Can you use the software pdf2ps to
> make a new .ps file? Then maybe scribus to change it and make it a .pdf
> again? I think I'll try it and see.

I don't know for sure, but pdftops flattened the pdf file...the default
text was there, but uneditable when I used evince to re-open it.

Inkscape opens the file but there's no text field to edit. I can add
text by hand at that point, but then for some reason I have to export it
or some of the graphics won't print (weird!)

Preview on the Mac apparently edits and prints the text as would be