[AntiVirus + Ubuntu] was - Re: And another Ubuntu convert!

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Jan 22 14:48:51 UTC 2009

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In someways you have this backwards. Noobs are the perfect targets for
>> these criminals.
>
> Oh ABSOLUTELY!  That's why your best bang for the buck is educate the
> user - not adding more confusing software they can't understand.
>
> Brian

Are you kidding me?  Have you ever spent any time 'educating' a new
user?  Have you ever had them ask the same question a dozen times and
still not understand what you're saying?

Education is great for those that really want to learn.  But if they
don't, you're wasting your breath.

Unbelievable.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support