[AntiVirus + Ubuntu] was - Re: And another Ubuntu convert!

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:55:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org> wrote:
> Are you kidding me?  Have you ever spent any time 'educating' a new
> user?  Have you ever had them ask the same question a dozen times and
> still not understand what you're saying?

Tried to explain to someone just last month what a 'window' was.  Yes,
I understand that problem.

> Education is great for those that really want to learn.  But if they
> don't, you're wasting your breath.

If they are that kind of user, how do you expect AV to help them?

Dad always said most accidents where mechanical failure caused by the
loose nut on the steering wheel - or keyboard as the case maybe.

Sounds like we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Brian