PDF form question

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Thu Jan 22 14:41:12 UTC 2009

I have a PDF file someone sent me.

I opened it in Evince, and there's a text box with the text "Type text
here" to customize the poster.

I click in the box, I enter text, and all seems fine.

But if I save or print the form with my text, it prints out with the
original "Type text here" caption!

Information on the file says it is made by InDesign CS3 (5.0.4), with no
encryption and no security, and is PDF version 1.4, optimized, created
with Adobe PDF Library 8.0.

Anyone else see this before? Can it only be edited using a full-blown
Adobe editor like Acrobat or InDesign? As it stands it would be a pain
to have to hang the monitor on a wall with a REEEEAAAALY long monitor
cable to display the customized content...