Can we turn ON encryption in Transmission?

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:56:56 UTC 2009

I know we can set it to "ignore unencrypted peers", but I just noticed
that I have many locked peers while downloading and the message says
that they are ignoring me because I'm not encrypted. Does Transmission
1.34 that came with Intrepid have an enable encryption setting?

I've looked through various Ubuntu sites and other places on the web,
no where is this spelled out. If it can't be done, can anyone point me
to an altenative bittorrent client (other than Azureus) that does
support this?

Thanks

ED