I can't get my 8.1version of ubuntu to work.

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 20 23:01:16 UTC 2009

On 01/19/2009 09:59 AM, Denzel wrote:
> Hi:  I installed ubuntu from a disc that I ordered from canonical.  It
> partitioned my hard drive and gives me the option of running Windows XP or
> ubuntu.  If I select ubuntu, I should be ready to go, right?  But, it wants
> my name, which is Basil Kurutz, as ordered, and my pass word.  Well, I only
> use one pass word for everything and it works fine.  But, according to
> ubuntu, my name and pass word don't match.  Tell me how to fix this problem?
> BASIL

It is looking for the _ login username_. For example, when you installed
you entered your name and username in this panel:

<http://images.howtoforge.com/images/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntu_8.10/big/8.jpg>

If you used basil, enter that. However keep in mind that the username is
case sensitive, so if you entered it in all-caps (BASIL) as you have
above, you will need to enter it that way for the login as well.

See the rest of the tutorial for more information:
http://www.how2forge.org/the-perfect-desktop-ubuntu-8.10
[note: there are 4 pages]