I can't get my 8.1version of ubuntu to work.

Denzel kurutz at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 17:59:39 UTC 2009

Hi:  I installed ubuntu from a disc that I ordered from canonical.  It
partitioned my hard drive and gives me the option of running Windows XP or
ubuntu.  If I select ubuntu, I should be ready to go, right?  But, it wants
my name, which is Basil Kurutz, as ordered, and my pass word.  Well, I only
use one pass word for everything and it works fine.  But, according to
ubuntu, my name and pass word don't match.  Tell me how to fix this problem?
BASIL