Finding executable files

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Fri Jan 16 13:23:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> many of the files/packages you list in your output are not
> the file in question but packages of some sort that only
> contain the name of the package in question, not the file
> itself.

   Hi Leonard,
   I still disagree on that:
      If I need the file (executable) gnuclient.xemacs21
      apt-file gives me the name of the package (xemacs21-bin)
      which contains it.

> There is probably more detail on the wajig home site:
> http://www.togaware.com/wajig
    I didn't see there more information for this problem

> someone  should file a bug against wajig whichpkg as it doesn't show anything.

   I'll do that ASAP.

> My past experienced with wajig whichpkg was much better allowing me
> to install the correct package contained the file I had no idea
> what to install to get it.  It apparently is broken in the current
> wajig.
   I tried on my virtual HARDY host ==> same result...

cheers,
--
Pierre Frenkiel