Need help with Webdav and .gvfs

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Jan 15 00:54:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:47:11PM -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > I've got webdav setup on Apache2.  I can use the Gnome file browser
> > and go to:
> >
> >     davs://<host>/path/to/webdav
> >
> > and I can drag files too and from my desktop to the webdav folder, for
> > example.
>
> Try the gvfs-fuse package.  Then, you can use the WebDAV mount as more
> of a normal filesystem.

I already have that package installed.

    $ sudo apt-get install gvfs-fuse
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    gvfs-fuse is already the newest version.

    ~$ cat /etc/issue
    Ubuntu 8.10 \n \l

This looks odd:

$ ls -ls .gvfs/
ls: cannot access .gvfs/WebDAV on internal.hank.org: Input/output error
total 0
? ?????????? ? ? ? ?                ? WebDAV on internal.hank.org

Could you point me to docs how things are *suppose* to work (and how
they fit together, perhaps).  If I understood that maybe I could see
why it isn't working.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley