ubuntu8.11

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:05:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:59 AM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
<clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com> wrote:
> called Intel-VT and AMD-V respectively, that things like kvm
> <http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki> can use. I have no idea if VirtualBox
> takes advantage of VT or AMD-V. I've used kvm, Xen, OpenVZ, and VMWare

It does - I'm actively using it on virtualbox - enabled the radio
button for AMD-V since this Athlon 64x2 can do virtualization - even
64 bits, in the newer version of Virtualbox. I have a sidux guest that
I occasionally boot as well as a Mandriva (but that's only i586).

I don't have it on the laptop (T5800 dual core core2duo). I noticed
that when I tried booting a recent (q4 2008) version of sidux that
there was a blurb in dmesg saying that it wouldn't start KVM because
the processor can't handle virtualization.

I haven't tried using any other virtualization except for qemu which I
occasionally use for quick and dirty iso testing, and less so now that
I can boot them on a laptop without having to reboot the desktop :).