kickstart bug ?

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Mon Jan 12 18:18:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Gregor GrĂ¼ner wrote:
> have you check your Anaconda-File with ksvalidator to make sure that no syntax errors are in the file?
>
> For example:
>
> - ksvalidator /root/ks.cfg
>
> If there is no output produced by the command, the kickstart file has successfully validated.

    Hi gregor,
    the output is: ksvalidator: not found !!
    I did'nt find it either with synaptic. What package does it belong to?
    google told me to look at pykickstart, but synaptic didn't find this package.

    Anyway, this program would be useful if I had modified the generated file, but
    this is not the case.
    So, there is obviously a bug either in system-config-kickstart or in the installer.
    I would bet for the second one, as the generated file is almost
    identical to the ks.cfg I used for Redhat install for many years.

    I then repeat my question: has anybody installed Intrepid with kickstart?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel