Ubuntu & RAID

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Mon Jan 12 09:16:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Stephen Carter wrote:

> The onr big difference between what you suggest is that I want to
> install Ubuntu onto a pre-existing RAID 1 that is already configured
> into 4 partitions under Windows XP Pro.

   Stephen,
   I don't really understand what you mean by "already configured"
   As far as I know, soft RAID1 doesn't work on XP, and anyway Windows can't
   manage a Linux partition, RAID or not.
   What are your 4 partitions? It would be useful to give the
   output of "fdisk -l" from the live cd.

--
Pierre Frenkiel