Assets & Issues

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Sat Jan 10 20:53:09 UTC 2009

Ray Parrish wrote:
> I'm a firm believer in using software available from the repositories
> via Synaptic Package Manager, as anything installed that way gets
> updated for you, and supposedly has been proven to work well with
> Ubuntu.

Using packages is a good policy but it isn't always possible. I've never
created a Debian package but I have created RPMs before and it isn't
very difficult. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss something just because
there is no package because building one is always an option.

> So... I've just done a search within Synaptic, and it comes up
> with the following package.
>
> It is available in the package named "glpi" Here is it's description -

Good find, Ray. This is actually the application I had in mind when I
posted the OCS NG link earlier. Somehow, I had found OCS NG from GLPI
web site <http://glpi-project.org> when I encountered it a few months ago.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay