Troubleshoot Installation

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Jan 2 22:42:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 15:50:44 -0400
Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>

> > Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the
> > users mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.
>
> The SYSTEM didn't send it to a users list.  An official Ubuntu bug
> reporting tool did so, so it's clearly the right place for the report.
>
> At this point, suggesting they file a report on Launchpad every time
> a user uses report-bug is nothing more than spam

So, would it be better if these are never seen or worked? The tool
sends them hear. How many are seen by developers and actually fixed? Is
it not better to ask to have it filed in the right place than to leave
the reporter thinking they have done that? I would appreciate knowing
the bug I think I sent in is being ignored!

--
Charlie Kravetz