Disappearing menu panel Part 2

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jan 1 14:42:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 22:43:58 -0500
mark <markfpyles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Charlie
>
> Forgive me for being so stupid and new to all of this. I can do a
> cntrl+alt+F2 and get to a login screen, but I don't know what my
> login or what I am logging in to. I have a prompt that reads "mark
> login:" but I don't know what to type in there. I don't know what my
> root password is. I know what my userid and password is when I login
> to the computer when it boots up is, but that didn't work. What do I
> do? Thank you very much for leading this newbie by the hand Charlie.
> I appreciate all the help, really! Thanks.
>
> Mark

<snip>

Your login is the same one you use to login to the computer. "mark
login: " is asking for the name you use, and the next thing will ask
for the password. If you are the only user on the system, the root
password is your password you use to login to the computer.

No stupid people here, just people that don't know the answers and
don't ask (or pretend they do).

As I said, I don't know if this will work, just another thing to try.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz