Dreamweaver Equiv

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Feb 25 10:52:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:37:11 -0800
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> just pointing out that there has been
> movement on kompozer recently
> If you're smug enough to ignore the links provided and not bother to at
> least have a look at them, then what can I say? It's easy enough to
> download 0.8a1 and try it...

I did read this link discussing 0.8. I was curious.
Indeed I am pleasantly surprised to see that the dev is now very active
and not only fixing Nvu minor bugs, but also rewriting features to work
aroung Composer's limitation, as well a swriting new features.
This code view pane at the bottom looks indeed a great step.

So I will give it a try... as soon as it's ready. According to the
thread on that forum, there are many rough edges you would expect from
an early alpha version, and the dev himself did clearly state that:
"there is a LOT of work to be done" before 0.8 is ready for the masses.
He also said that 95% of his time was spent fixing these bugs, which
means we shouldn't hold our breath for actual development work to be
undertaken.
So, I am glad to be proven wrong and see that Kompozer is now actually
being developped rather than just fixing Nvu's bugs, and I will test
0.8 once it is released to the public.

--
Vince