Simple(?) Question on Ubuntu 8.10

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 02:09:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Rob <robfleet at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Greetings folks,
>
> Here is what should be a relatively simple question, I suspect.  In
> running KDE in 8.10 I can't seem to find applications I minimize to do
> something else.  For example, if I'm temporarily done with my e-mail and

Hmm. You might just leave the apps maximized - or sized appropriately,
and run them on different desktops. It seems to me that you're
overusing the one desktop and since KDE / Gnome support multiple
desktops (I can have as many as 36) then you can remember that for
example desktop 3 is your evolution sesson and then go to that desktop
to do evolution and then go back to your main desktop for the other
stuff.