Simple(?) Question on Ubuntu 8.10

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Tue Feb 24 17:23:46 UTC 2009

Rob wrote:
<snip>

  My question is:  When you minimize applications in KDE, from
> where and how can they be recalled/maximized?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rob

Rob,

KDE should support alt-tab switching, but I'm guessing that's only going
to be a partial solution.  I seem to recall a setting in compiz to
disable legacy full screen mode that stops the bottom status bar from
being overrun by runaway legacy fullscreen apps, but I'm not entirely
certain.

I'm sure another more experienced Ubuntu user will chime in, but alt-tab
may be at least a temporary solution for you.

HTH,
-Ray