Why do people detest top posting so much?

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 25 01:32:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Res wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>>
>>> I've heard that Rez refuses to help people he dubs "nazi's" on the list
>>> (or some variation thereof). If that's true, what's the difference
>>
>> You've heard wrong, but even if I do, its my choice to ignore them when
>> they want help, not attack them back because of any format they wish to
>> type in.
>
> Okay, if you don't do that, then I stand corrected. But I still ask the
> question if anyone else does that with a filter or other ignore.
>
> Second, what's wrong with telling them why they are being ignored
> instead of simply ignoring them, leaving them in the dark?

If they are asking you directly, by name then it is courteous to inform
them, but in private, if they are not addressing anyone in particular,
then you should ignore them, lets say there are 15K users on this list,
what if the other 14999 of them all sent the same message, either to
the list or in private, the user doesnt want 14999 copies of being told
what to do, and all 14999 of us others also dont want 14999 copies of it
either.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers