md5sum from nautilus

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at arinet.org
Mon Feb 23 12:30:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Matthew Flaschen
<matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>> It's been solved, thanks to you on the Nautilus script. Anyway, pls
>> let me explain more:
>> The source files are located in a network storage appliance (those
>> cheap one from generic brand, not a fancy NAS or something). It
>> doesn't have any console that we can ssh/telnet into. Only web based
>> UI.
>
> Are you sure it's really only a web-based interface?  If so, I'm unclear
>  how you're doing md5sums at all (before downloading).  If it was
> something like NFS or fish (ssh) I could see how that would be possible.
>  It doesn't matter anymore I guess, but posting a sanitized version of
> the source URL would perhaps clarify.

Yes, it's only a web-based UI. Well, here's how the nautilus script
works in my case:
I connect to the appliance from Nautilus > Connect to Server > Windows share.
Right click on the file > Script > Create Md5. A md5sum file created
on that folder (the appliance share).
Right click on file > Copy.
>From another Nautilus > Connect to the Samba on another machine >
Right click > Paste.
When finished, Right click on it > Script > create md5.
And compare the result :)

I'm sorry if  my English is not so good that creates confusion.