8.10 Updates damaging applications

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Mon Feb 23 05:26:45 UTC 2009

Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> writes:

> I will take your and my wife's advice, and replace 8.10 with 8.04.

You could just wait a couple of days to see if there are new KDE
packages coming in that fixes the problem.

> I have just got to back up my home directory (I don't use a partition,
> as I have Debian 4.0 also installed on that computer, and did not want
> conflicts - I understand that home directories/partitions should not be
> shared between different Linux installations), and work out how to
> replace 8.10 with 8.04.

I think in general, it should be possible to share the /home
directories.  The specific problem right now is that KDE is too much in
flux to share between different versions.

--
John L. Fjellstad