8.10 Updates damaging applications

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 23 03:23:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> Given that it is important to Bret that this computer works (to the
> point that he thinks about running Ubuntu 8.04 instead of 8.10, and
> rightly so) I am not sure that he wants to enable backports :)

No; backports seem too complicated to me, and beyond my skills and
knowledge.

I will take your and my wife's advice, and replace 8.10 with 8.04.

I have just got to back up my home directory (I don't use a partition,
as I have Debian 4.0 also installed on that computer, and did not want
conflicts - I understand that home directories/partitions should not be
shared between different Linux installations), and work out how to
replace 8.10 with 8.04.

Thank you for your guidance.

--
Bret Busby