WEP on wireless

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 06:31:45 UTC 2009

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> [...]
When I open Wicd, all I get is available wireless spots, nowhere to
enter a WEP key, anywhere. And, again, I know it is probably not much
better then using MAC filters, I just want to know how to get WEP
working on my laptop. My WEP key is as strong as you can get...symbols,
numbers and one letter. It is still WEP, though.

I just want to know what file needs editing, and how I add a key
strength and length,...etc,to get it working.

In other words, in what config file do I make changes. I have been using
Ubuntu since BB, just not with an old wireless card on this laptop.

Thanks again, Scott

PS: I have the card actually working. I'm using MAC filters now and
would very much like to get, at least,WEP going.