setting up HP 4050 with network adapter

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Feb 11 00:52:30 UTC 2009

Wade Smart wrote:

> 20090210 1645 GMT-5
>
> I got a network card for my LaserJet 4050.
> Im trying to set it up.
> It has a ip of 192.168.0.3.
> I tried setting up using JetDirect but it puts port 9100 on the end. I
> dont know if that is a problem or not but Im still unable to communicate
> with the printer.
>
> My setup is: Modem connected to my linksys router with WRT installed. My
> printer is plugged into one port, my pc another. The rest of my network
> is wireless.
>
> Wade

The Jetdirect card uses port 9100 to print to.  you're config will have
to reflect that.

Quick question, can you telnet to port 9100?  Assuming you're still
using the JD card.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support