setting up HP 4050 with network adapter

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:48:49 UTC 2009

Mark Haney wrote:
> Wade Smart wrote:
>
>>> Chris
>>>
>> 20090210 1623 GMT-5
>>
>> Yes. Same result.
>>

> I'm really late getting into this thread, but I do have a similar model
> HP.  Can one of you distill down the basics for me and get me up to
> speed so I can be of service?

20090210 1645 GMT-5

I got a network card for my LaserJet 4050.
Im trying to set it up.
It has a ip of 192.168.0.3.
I tried setting up using JetDirect but it puts port 9100 on the end. I
dont know if that is a problem or not but Im still unable to communicate
with the printer.

My setup is: Modem connected to my linksys router with WRT installed. My
printer is plugged into one port, my pc another. The rest of my network
is wireless.

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675