No more "me too" posts.

Fri Feb 6 11:07:17 UTC 2009

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Yeah...new users are so familiar with the archives. That's why we have
> the periodic netiquette reminders, personal peeve on formatting flares,
> etc. etc...

New users are only new users for a relatively short amount of time.
Adjusting things to appease new users at the relative expense of the
more experienced users is often regarded as a silly idea.

I know I've been quite quiet on this list of late, but I get ~100 emails
a day. If I've got to the third unread message in a thread that's again
someone saying "yeah, I had this problem too", I'll mark the thread as
ignored. I'd be surprised if I was the only one to do this.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)