awakening screen from screensaver

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:47:46 UTC 2009

R Kimber wrote:
> Movement of my mouse (logitech LX7) does not interrupt the
> screensaver.  I have to press a key to get the screen back.  Is there a
> setting somewhere for this?  I can't see it under 'screensaver' or
> 'mouse' in the preferences.
>
> Or is it a bug?  If so, which package should it relate to?
>
> I have 8.10
>
> - Richard

    It is different than Hardy, but my 8.10 that works on my laptop has
that same problem. I hit the shift key and that drops the screen saver.
Also, since about 99.8% of us are using screens that do not "burn in"
there is little need for screen savers. But I like the one with
electronic components swimming by.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI