Another reason to prefer a real root over sudo

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 4 22:12:46 UTC 2009

youve contradicted yourself
unless you assume users login *only* as root which is dumb, but its no
worse then having already sudo'd . in fact by default su or root login to
do whatever then logging out is safer, yes i ve said it all before.
oh i will ignore the usual debian weenors who get on their boxes with the
debian propoganda about sudo, i bet you lamers have a nightly prayer than
goes like:

dear <inser your god>
thank for the food we are about to eat
thank for the sudo we have wet dreams over

look people, just ignore the people who want to force THEIR preferences
and propoganda down your throat, use what you think is best.
personnally, I:

sudo passwd root
<give root a password>

then su/login whenever you want
amd never use sudo again, much safer (by default)

But I do agree with the weenors when it comes to not allowing remote root,
unless its a very secure lan.

all flames sent to /dev/null

--
Res

"All we need, is just a little patience"  -- William Bruce (Axl) Rose