Skype + 8.10

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:03:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:51 PM, H.S. <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Parker wrote:
>>
>> Oops I spoke too soon. As long as everything is set to Pulse I can
>> make calls but I have no functional microphone.
>> I started alsamixer and found the Capture icon set at 0. Moving that
>> up to 70% or so still allows no sound to be sent over Skype. Strangely
>> when I close the Skype call it sets the Capture back to 0.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>
> Sounds like the option in Skype to "automatically adjust mic volume" is
> set to on. You might try unchecking that one and trying again. Having
> said this, I should also point out that I have experience some problems
> with skype and pulseaudio in Hardy, not sure how Intrepid deal with this.

Thanks - the automatic volume is unchecked so no longer goes to 0 when
I close the call but still no sound from my mic.
Skype has worked with this box, a eeepc 701 back when I had the
supplied Xandros on it.
I have tried to record using sound recorder and am getting nowhere
except that it looks like the problem is nothing to do with Skype

Thanks,
Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!