Skype + 8.10

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Feb 3 17:35:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:50:43 +0700
Robert Parker <rlp1938 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Robert Parker <rlp1938 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Fajar Priyanto
> > <fajarpri at arinet.org> wrote:
> > worked for me is 'Pulse'.
> > The test call worked.
>
> Oops I spoke too soon. As long as everything is set to Pulse I can
> make calls but I have no functional microphone.
> I started alsamixer and found the Capture icon set at 0. Moving that
> up to 70% or so still allows no sound to be sent over Skype. Strangely
> when I close the Skype call it sets the Capture back to 0.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

This a a bug in Skype using PulseAudio, apparently. There has been some
messages on ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list about the mic not
working. The workaround at this point has been telling Skype not to use
pulseaudio.

The developers are also requesting "gently recommend to the
Skype developers that PulseAudio is a much higher priority than it is."

I do not use Skype, mic, nor much audio.

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz