Another reason to prefer a real root over sudo

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Mon Feb 2 17:22:17 UTC 2009

Chris G wrote:
> I have just discovered another reason why I don't like sudo.

Well, ok, I like having a root account myself, for various reasons that
need not be discussed here....

So, a quick sudo passwd root and I'm on my way happy as a pig in a
support mailing list.

What is the point.. are you petitioning to change the way Ubuntu
installer sets up admin accounts?  That 'debate' was settled years ago
and will serve no purpose than to clutter this list.

Or were you just trolling for the sake of trolling?  (Damn, guess I got
caught)