What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:30:53 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:18:18 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> 	You guys are beating a dead horse. There are about 100
>> different printers for sale at any time and they ALL work with
>> the Linux operating system.
>>
>> 	But some are Laser Printers black and others are Laser
>> Printers color which I have not tried do to cost and no need
>> to print color.
>>
>> 	I am using a Wal Mart Brother Laser Printer. I found the
>> exact driver for this printer in Ubuntu 8.02, 8.11, 9.04 and 9.10.
>>
> Which doesn’t really help with inherited kit.  The people I know aren’t
> going to buy a new printer just so they can print with Linux.
> If it works with Windows why doesn’t it work with Linux, Linux is rubbish,
> is what I hear from them.  No amount of explaining it’s the manufacturers
> fault will help the situation.  The same goes for web-cams, modems,
> TV-cards, etc.

	Your not thinking. I will not buy a printer because I have
one now and I use only Ububtu now. A new Ubuntu user who has a
printer that works on Windows will want it to work on his
Ubuntu. It is 90% certain it will.

	So do not worry. Very few Ubuntu users can make a error in
buying a printer. You pay $25.00 for an inkjet you take your
chances. If you buy a Laser Printer it will work fine. All HP
printers work with Ubuntu.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI