What is your price on a low-cost LINIX printer?

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:00:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:18:18 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 	You guys are beating a dead horse. There are about 100
> different printers for sale at any time and they ALL work with
> the Linux operating system.
>
> 	But some are Laser Printers black and others are Laser
> Printers color which I have not tried do to cost and no need
> to print color.
>
> 	I am using a Wal Mart Brother Laser Printer. I found the
> exact driver for this printer in Ubuntu 8.02, 8.11, 9.04 and 9.10.

Which doesn’t really help with inherited kit.  The people I know aren’t
going to buy a new printer just so they can print with Linux.
If it works with Windows why doesn’t it work with Linux, Linux is rubbish,
is what I hear from them.  No amount of explaining it’s the manufacturers
fault will help the situation.  The same goes for web-cams, modems,
TV-cards, etc.

--
Steve