Technical support

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Wed Dec 30 13:16:25 UTC 2009

Jan Erik Kristiansen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Recently, i've been trying to install a 64 bit verion of Ubuntu 9.10,
> downloaded from Ubuntu's homepage.
> The problem i'm having now is when i install a normal 32 bit system,
> it works, and when trying to make use of the 64 bit system, it just
> won't work.
> I'm not the first one to experience this problem, from what i can see
> when googling it.
> This problem identifies itself as "error 15"
> Is there any ways to avoid that?
> I'm not a experienced user of linux, but i like to switch between the
> systems once in a while to find the best of both worlds, but this
> problem is driving me crazy...
> My system is a dual core processor with 2 gig ram and 4 HDD, one drive
> is a only ext4 partitions, wich are used to all fresh installations...
> I see there is a guide on how to solve this problem, but i don't
> understand it at all, it only get me more confused than i'm allready
> am, so i guess i will try another 64 bit system for now, to see if it
> works out.
>
> That's about all.
>
> Regards from Norway!
We will need full hardware specs of your system and the full error
message.  "error 15" pulls a couple of results from google pertaining to
install and booting.  Are you sure your system supports 64 bit (I know
its a stupid question but you would be surprised... double check please)?

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."