Creating separate session for remote desktop

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Dec 22 06:04:44 UTC 2009

NoOp,

Thank you for replying.

> $ gksu gconf-editor
> Now go to: /desktop/gnome/remote_access/ and see if you have a
> 'disable_xdamage' option. If so, check it.

I have applied the fix, however, I think it is still only part of the
problem.

With Compiz, I have effects enabled and screenlets on my desktop. Even
if everything is working fine, I think they keep refreshing the screen
at a rate that causes the remote viewer to slow to a crawl.

So I am still wondering if it is possible to start some kind of seperate
but equal desktop environment for my user account that I can run only
for when someone is connected to my computer, and leave my Compiz
environment in tact when I quit.

--
Dave M G