»Disk Mounter« 2.28.0 appears two times on the upper panel

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Sun Dec 20 15:33:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

[Karmic as an jaunty2karmic-dist-upgrade, GNOME 2.28.0] Why does the applet »Disk
Mounter« 2.28.0 appear two times on the upper panel? Two icons "silvery disk together with a note". Left click lists a
context menu: with the left-hand applet "Play CD" and "Eject Audio Disc",
with the right-hand one "Open Audio Disc" and "Unmount Disc".
Someone suspected one of them could be a remnant of Jaunty. Can you confirm?
The sibling appearance does not occur if I boot up with an audio CD in the tray. Only if I open the tray and insert an audio CD, two applets will appear.
[IBM Thinkpad T43].

Regards,
Detlef Lechner