What just happen? Grub read error message

Brittany Fleischer linuxwolfz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 05:51:54 UTC 2009

Hello Alex
I'm afraid you're right about the hardware demons.

What I'm tring to figure out if it's my CPu chip, my hard drive or my motherboard, which I sure hope it isn't.

Often times when I try to load my system it goes thru the normal process up until it tries to load up ubuntu, it then gives me a black screen that will last forever if I let it.

I've done many reboots and the very first reboot was when it gave me grub and then o had to type in some command, which never happen to me before.

Other times when I reboot my system it gives me a black blank screen. When I attempt to shut off my computer with the power off button on my computer it doesn't want to turn off so I go to the back of my computer to unplug the power supply plug.

The strangest thing is that it gave me the same crap before and all of the sudden the computer fixed it's self, I thought it was the motherboard and hard drive for sure.

What do you think? Is it my CPU chip , the hard drive or my motherboard?

Brittany

Sent from my iPhone