Tar gnome-format-0.1.1.tar.bz2

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:27:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM, kate <katie2009 at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I have tried aptitude and ended up with 20 lines of info, the last
> several lines said cannot install package.

You're trying to install gnome-format to format external media, right?
 Did you know in Ubuntu 9.10 you can do this without additional
packages?  Just right click on the device and select 'Format'.

If you really want the gnome-format package, please copy those
messages.  We really can't help if you don't provide additional info.
 Installing from a package is the recomended way.  If there are
updates for the program, they will be managed by the system (as
opposed to having to find them yourself, which as you can imagine, if
you have many programs this would take a long time).

You've downloaded what looks like a source package.  If you'd like to
actually do this, you can right click on the file and select extract.
You can also double click to look inside the archive.