run script at login

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon Dec 14 15:18:04 UTC 2009

Hello

I have several Ubuntu (Hardy 8.04) Linux desktops.

I am the local root of the desktops.

The desktops use some server as NIS server.

I do not have administrative rights at the NIS servers.

Users are login in using their NIS account and their NFS home directory.

I would like to run a script whenever a user is login in (after the login is complete).

I don't know what shell the user uses.

I don't have access to the user's home directory.

All I can do is change the local desktop files.

Any advice where to put my script so it will be activated any time a user login?

Thanks

Shahar Dag